‘Active Coast’ is a full programme of events and activities throughout the school holidays to celebrate sport and culture and allow people to explore, join in, and enjoy the East Riding’s stunning coastline.
The programme is designed for residents and visitors to get active, be healthy and enjoy life in the area, with events at Bridlington, Hornsea, Withernsea, and Spurn Point.
Highlights of the fifth week of activities (Monday, 20 August to Sunday, 26 August) include :
• Coastal Explorers – Rockpooling Adventure : Monday, 20 August : 1.30pm – 3.30pm : Flamborough South Landing : ages five plus with accompanying adults : follow the tide out for rockpooling and then beach art fun : free : booking essential on 01482 395320 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• All ride adapted cycling : Tuesday, 21 August : 11am-3pm : North Promenade, Bridlington : 11am-3pm : ages five plus : free
• Family beach bootcamp and games : Tuesday, 21 August : 1pm-3pm : Bridlington South Beach (near the foreshores office) : ages 6-16 : free : keep fit and get active with a bootcamp for all abilities, plus beach games
• Go Spike Beach Volleyball : Wednesday, 22 August : 1pm-3pm : Bridlington South Beach: ages 6-16 : free: learn the game, play the game!
• Mile Marker Health Walk : Thursday, 23 August : 10am-11am : East Riding Leisure Bridlington : open to all : free
• Beach Cricket (with Yorkshire Cricket) : Friday, 24 August : 10am-12 noon: Bridlington South Cliff beach : (below Park and Ride) : ages 6-16 ; free : enjoy beach cricket on fantastic mats with qualified coaches
• Family Classic Games : Friday, 24 August ; 12 noon-3pm : Sewerby Hall and Gardens : open to all : usual admission charges
• Beach Tennis : Friday, 24 August : 1pm-3pm : Bridlington South Cliff Beach (below Park and Ride) : ages 6-16 : free
• Sewerby parkrun : Saturday, 25 August : 9am : Sewerby Hall and Gardens : open to all : free
• Stone art family weekend workshop (with Responsible Fishing UK) : Sunday, 26 August : 10am-4pm : Bridlington North Beach (near chalets) : open to all (with adult) : free : try stone art, stacks and sculptures
HORNSEA AND WITHERNSEA AREAS :
• Sport and Play Day: Monday, 20 August : 11am-3pm : Hornsea Graingers Field : 11am—3pm : ages five plus : free : nerf zone wars; dodgeball; volleyball; arts and crafts; giant lego builds; and family fun for all ages
• Sport and Play Session : Wednesday, 22 August : 1pm-3pm : Withernsea Valley Gardens : ages 6—16 : free
• Have a Field Day Withernsea : Thursday, 23 August : 11am-3pm : Withernsea Valley Gardens :open to all : free : events include giant inflatable bootcamp and freefalll; Clip n’ Climb; Cloud Collector storytelling; Louder than Life drums; dance with Chantal Green and Andrea Borrelli (World Latin Dance Pair UK Number One); balloon modelling; archery (ages eight plus); Nerf Zone : boxing; art wall; face painting; sumo suits / knock your block off; biking for all; Golf Foundation; Photo Booth fun.
For more information on the Active Coast Summer Programme , visit www.ActiveCoast.org or follow on social media, Facebook – @Active Coast Yorkshire, Instagram – @Activecoast & Twitter – @ Active_Coast
East Riding of Yorkshire Council