‘Active Coast’ is a full programme of events and activities throughout the school holidays to celebrate sport and culture and allow people to explore, join in, and enjoy the East Riding’s stunning coastline.
The programme is designed for residents and visitors to get active, be healthy and enjoy life in the area, with events at Bridlington, Hornsea, Withernsea, and Spurn Point.
Highlights of the fourth week of activities (Monday, 13 August to Sunday 19 August) include :
• Swimsafe (RNLI) : Monday 13 August – Thursday 16 August : various times : Bridlington South Beach (near foreshores office) : ages 7-14 : free : participants must be able to swim 25m : booking essential – visit www.swimsafe.org.uk
• All Ride adapted cycling : Tuesday, 14 August : 11am-3pm : North Promenade, Bridlington : ages five plus : free
• Family Beach Bootcamp and Games : Tuesday, 14 August : 1pm -3pm : Bridlington South Beach (near foreshores office ) : ages 6-16 : free : keep fit and get active on the beach
• Go Spike Beach Volleyball : Wednesday 15 August : 1pm-3pm : Bridlington South Beach (near foreshores office) : ages 6-16 : free : play using your own equipment or hire a ball at the foreshores office for a small refundable deposit
• Have a Beach Day: Thursday, 16 August : 11am-3pm : Bridlington South Beach (near foreshores office) : open to all : free :includes drumming with Louder than Life; face painting; art wall; volleyball; tennis; photo booth and more
• Mile Marker Health Walk : Thursday, 16 August : East Riding Leisure Bridlington : 10am-11am : open to all : free
• Beach Cricket (with Yorkshire Cricket) : Friday, 17 August : 10am -12 noon : Bridlington South Cliff beach (near Parkand Ride) : ages 6-16 : free: qualified coaches and fun on the sand
• Play Activities Session :Friday, 17 August : Sewerby Hall and Gardens : 12 noon – 3pm : open to all : usual admission charges apply
• Beach Tennis :Friday, 17 August : 1pm-3pm : Bridlington South Cliff beach(near Park and Ride) :ages 6-16 : free
• Skyball Beach Volleyball Club : Saturday, 18 August : 10am – 12 noon : Bridlington South Beach (near foreshores office) : £5 adults / £4 juniors
• Sewerby parkrun: Saturday, 18 August : 9am : Sewerby Hall and Gardens : open to all : free
• Summer Family Fun Day : Sunday , 19 August : Sewerby Hall and Gardens : open to all : usual admission charges apply
HORNSEA AND WITHERNSEA AREA :
• Coastal Explorers – Fossil Hunt (with Responsible Fishing) : Monday, 13 August : 10am-3pm : Mappleton beach: ages five plus with accompanying adult : fossil hunting, beach art, and fun games : booking essential on 01482 395320 or email email@example.com
• Sport and Play Day : Monday, 13 August : Hornsea Graingers Field : 11am-3pm : ages five plus : free: world cup football games; pop up tennis; giant volleyball; bead making; family fun for all ages
• Sport and Play Session : Wednesday, 15 August : 1pm-3pm : Withernsea Valley Gardens ; ages 6-16 : free : includes dodgeball; volleyball; giant lego; and much more
• Stone and Sand Art Family Weekend Workshop with Responsible Fishing UK : Sunday, 19 August : 11am – 4pm : Hornsea beach (below Trans Pennine monument) : open to all : free : create sand drawings on a huge scale and try out stone art, stacks and sculptures.
For more information on the Active Coast Summer Programme , visit www.ActiveCoast.org or follow on social media, Facebook – @Active Coast Yorkshire, Instagram – @Activecoast & Twitter – @ Active_Coast
East Riding of Yorkshire Council