‘Active Coast’ is a full programme of events and activities throughout the school holidays to celebrate sport and culture and allow people to explore, join in, and enjoy the East Riding’s stunning coastline.
The programme is designed for residents and visitors to get active, be healthy and enjoy life in the area, with events at Bridlington, Hornsea and Withernsea.
Highlights of the first week of activities (22 -29 July) include :
• Bridlington Beach Sports Festival : Sunday, 22 July : 11am to 4pm : free: Bridlington South Cliff Beach below the Park and Ride: junior Beach Soccer Tournament (East Coast Beach Soccer); boxing training and sparring (Bridlington ABC); Yorkshire Series 3 Beach Volleyball Tournament (Skyball); Junior cricket competition (Yorkshire Cricket); plus slackline school, beach tennis, Go Spike Beach Volleyball, family sport and play, face painting (£2 charge), beach soccer, walking netball, sumo suits, and more
• Coastal Explorers – Cliffs and Caves : Monday, 23 July : 9am – 11am : Flamborough North Landing : ages five plus with adult : Free, but booking is essential
• All Ride adapted cycling : Tuesday, 24 July : 11am – 3pm : Bridlington North Promenade : ages five plus : free
• Family Beach Bootcamp and Games : Tuesday, 24 July : 1pm-3pm : Bridlington South Beach : ages five plus : free
• Go Spike Beach Volleyball : Wednesday, 25 July : 1pm -3pm : Bridlington South Beach : ages 6-16 : free
• Have a Beach Day (sport and play) : Thursday, 26 July : 11am-3pm : Bridlington South Cliff Beach (below the Park and Ride: all ages : free : including Clip ‘ n Climb; volleyball; football; tennis; art wall; play activities; face painting; photo booth; and more
• Mile Marker Health Walk : Thursday, 26 July : 10am-11am : East Riding Leisure Bridlington : open to all : free
• Family Classic Games : Friday,27 July : 12noon-3pm : Sewerby Hall and Gardens : normal admission charges apply
• Beach cricket (with Yorkshire Cricket) : Friday, 27 July : 10am – 12 noon : Bridlington South Cliff Beach (below Park and Ride) : ages 6-16 : free
• Beach Tennis : Friday, 27 July : 1pm-3pm : Bridlington South Cliff Beach (below Park and Ride) : 1pm – 3pm : ages 6-16 : free
• Sewerby Parkrun : Saturday, 28 July : 9am : Sewerby Hall and Gardens : open to all : free.
HORNSEA AND WITHERNSEA:
• Sport and Play Day :Monday, 23 July : 11am-3pm : Hornsea Graingers Field : ages five plus : free : Nerf Zone wars; dodge-ball; volleyball; arts and crafts; and family fun
• Sport and Play Session : Wednesday, 25 July : 1pm – 3pm : Withernsea Valley Gardens : ages 6-16 : free : dodgeball; volleyball; giant lego and other family fun activities
• Stone art family weekend workshop with Responsible Fishing UK:Sunday, 29 July : 10am – 4pm : Hornsea Beach ( below Trans Pennine monument) : open to all (with adult) : free :
• SAS Beach Clean with Surfers Against Sewage : Sunday, 29 July : 9.30am – 11.30am : Hornsea beach : open to all (with adult) : free:
Full details of all Active Coast activities throughout the summer can be found at www.activecoast.org.
For events which require booking, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01482 395320.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council