‘Active Coast’ is a full programme of events and activities throughout the school holidays to celebrate sport and culture and allow people to explore, join in, and enjoy the East Riding’s stunning coastline.
The programme is designed for residents and visitors to get active, be healthy and enjoy life in the area, with events at Bridlington, Hornsea and Withernsea.
Highlights of the second week of activities (30 July – 5 August) include :
BRIDLINGTON AREA :
• Coastal Explorers – Hike and Firelight (with Responsible Fishing): Monday, 30 July : 10am – 3pm : Danes Dyke : ages five plus with adult : free : booking essential on 01482 395320 or email@example.com : bushcraft, woodland art and marshmallows on the fire
• All Ride adapted cycling : Tuesday, 31 July : 11am-3pm :North Promenade : ages five plus
• Family Beach Bootcamp and Games :Tuesday, 31 July : 1pm – 3pm : ages five plus : Bridlington South Beach, below foreshores office :keep fit and get active on the beach
• Go Spike Beach Volleyball : Wednesday, 1 August : 1pm – 3pm : Bridlington South Beach, below foreshores office : ages 6-16 : free
• Mile Marker Health Walk : Thursday, 2 August : 10am – 11am : East Riding Leisure Bridlington : free : open to all
• Play Activities Session : Friday, 3 August : 12 noon – 3pm : Sewerby Hall and Gardens : open to all : usual admission charges apply
• Beach Cricket with Yorkshire Cricket : Friday, 3 August : 10am-12 noon : Bridlington South Cliff Beach, below the Park and Ride: ages 6-16 : free: qualified coaches and plenty of fun on the sand
• Beach Tennis : Friday, 3 August: 1pm – 3pm : Bridlington South Cliff beach, below the Park and Ride : ages 6-16 : free
• Sewerby parkrun : Saturday, 4 August: 9am:Sewerby Hall and Gardens : open to all : free
• Stone Art Family Weekend Workshop with Responsible Fishing UK : Saturday, 4 August : 10am –4 pm : Bridlington North Beach (near chalets) : open to all (with adult) : free : try your hand at stone art, stacks and sculptures
• Skyball Beach Volleyball Club : Saturday, 4 August : 10am -12 noon : Bridlington South Beach (near foreshores office) : £5 (adults) and £4 (juniors): top class training to learn and play the game
• Acoustic Let’s Rock : Sunday, 5 August : 1pm : Spa Gardens : open to all : free : live music with finger picked guitar, vocal harmonies, soloists and toe tapping melodies.
HORNSEA AND WITHERNSEA AREAS
• Sport and Play Day : Monday, 30 July : 11am – 3pm : Hornsea Graingers Field : ages five plus : free : World Cup football games, pop up tennis, giant volleyball, bread making and family fun
• Sport and Play Session : Wednesday, 1 August : 1pm – 3pm : Withernsea Valley Gardens : ages 6-16 : free : dodgeball, volleyball, giant lego, and more
• Have a Field Day : Thursday , 2 August : 11am – 3pm : Hornsea Graingers Field : open to all :free :giant inflatable bootcamp and freefall, Clip n’ Climb, story telling, Louder than Life drums, dance with Chantal green and Andrea Borrelli, balloon modelling, archery, boxing, Nerf Zone, art wall, face painting, biking, sumo suits, Golf Foundation, photo booth
• WithFest : Friday, 3 August – Sunday, 5 August : Withernsea Valley Gardens : open to all : free
• Coast to Coast Walk (Skipsea to Barmston) : Friday, 3 August : 10am -4pm : meet at Skipsea Village Hall : ages 16 plus : free: booking essential on 01482 395320 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details of all Active Coast activities throughout the summer can be found at www.activecoast.org.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council