Date(s) - 14/10/2018
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
This Sunday (14 October) will see Active Coast and Responsible Fishing UK joining forces for a family fun ramble around Sewerby Cliffs, Danes Dyke and Flamborough South Landing to help raise money for Children in Need.
This year, Children in Need’s mission is not only to raise as much money as possible and change children’s lives, but to collectively cover the distance of the whole UK, which is 18,505 miles. The East Yorkshire coast will be heavily involved with its very own creative challenge, hosted at the spectacular Sewerby Hall & Gardens.
To get involved, come and join in on Sunday, 14 October from 10am till 3pm. The challenge is to cover 250 miles collectively and raise £500 or more.
There will be two walking routes available to complete:
• Route 1 – A one- mile route within Sewerby Hall and Gardens around the picturesque woodland walk. Participants choosing this route can complete as many times as they wish and it is suitable for all ages. This route can be completed anytime between 10am and 2pm.
• Route 2 – A more challenging five mile route taking in the sights of Sewerby Cliffs, Danes Dyke and Flamborough South Landing. Starting and finishing in Sewerby Hall and Gardens, this walk is available for ages 5+, starting at 10am.
Paul Silvester, sport and active communities officer, said : “Whilst clocking up your miles, we’ll be asking everyone to collect natural bits and pieces along the way, including leaves, twigs, stones and whatever else you can find and carry, to create our very own showpiece for Children in Need, within the fantastic grounds of Sewerby Hall – we will be creating a massive Pudsey Bear on the lawns!”
“Responsible Fishing UK, who have delivered some fantastic workshops for Active Coast over the last two years, will be leading the creative workshop to create something special and show our support for Children in Need.”
There are two ways to raise money for this:
• Join the Active Coast Ramble Team at https://countryfile-ramble-for-bbc-children-in-need-2018.everydayhero.com/uk/active-coast-ramble (you’ll need to set up an account first)
• Share the team page to friends, family and colleagues to get sponsored and add to the miles covered
• Bring some money and there will be a collection on the day.
Admission into Sewerby Hall and Gardens for participants is free of charge – just quote ‘Children In Need’ at the pay box.
All participants are advised to bring food, water, waterproofs, rucksack and wear suitable footwear. Or partuicipants could hit the ramble in fancy dress!
All children must be accompanied by an adult, who is responsible for them at all times whilst taking part.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council