Date(s) - 16/08/2019 - 26/11/2019
East Riding residents who are looking to save money on their energy bills are invited to sign up for the latest round of YORSwitch.
Since the scheme started in 2013, YORSwitch has switched more than 28,000 households and delivered more than £6 million savings for East Riding residents. In the latest auction alone, more than 5,300 East Riding households registered to get a better deal with YORSwitch.
The council partnered with iChoosr, the UK’s leading expert in collective energy switching, and together were able to deliver bespoke and highly competitive tariffs.
Now is the ideal time for residents, especially those on standard tariffs, to switch. Residents should see if they could secure a good rate for the year ahead as wholesale energy prices are likely to continue increasing.
East Riding of Yorkshire Councillor Chris Matthews, portfolio holder for strategic management, said: “Householders should not be lulled into a false sense of security that they will get the best deal for their energy by staying with their existing provider.
“It remains a fact that households which have not switched tariff recently could make significant savings by reviewing their energy contracts and council-operated collective switching schemes, such as YORSwitch, provide a safe and easy route for householders to engage with the energy market.”
This current round of YORSwitch will be available until midnight on Tuesday, 26 November2019.
Registering is easy and straightforward, just visit www.eastriding.gov.uk/yorswitch, alternatively call (01482) 393939, or visit your local customer service centre. Please remember to bring a latest energy bill with you.
If you do not have access to the internet, please register before Friday 15 November 2019 to enable the council to get your personal offer sent out to you. Make sure you have your current energy bill to hand.
How YORSwitch works:
• Register for free to express your interest online at www.eastriding.gov.uk/yorswitch or by telephone (01482) 393939.
• An auction takes place on Tuesday, 8 October 2019 between energy suppliers. The winning supplier is the one making the lowest offer. YORSwitch is not affiliated to any supplier.
• Support sessions will take place in November 2019, if you need any additional support.
• Personal offers will be sent out from Monday 21 October 2019, based on the information provided.
• Registration is free and you are under no obligation to switch.
• If you are happy with offer, you have until midnight on Tuesday, 26 November 2019 to return your personal offer or let the council know, so we can switch you.
• East Riding of Yorkshire Council takes care of the entire switch for you, making the whole thing as smooth and hassle-free as possible.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council