ADVICE FOR ALL ALLOTMENT HOLDERS
Covid 19 Emergency Measures
Following the instructions around movement and gatherings from the Prime Minister on 23 March 2020, the situation at the moment it is still permitted to visit your plot, to take daily exercise on their own or with members of your household. It is vitally important that you follow all the advice about social distancing and hygiene in the points below and not gather together on site.
Any plot-holder who is self isolating because a household member is ill with corona-virus should NOT be visiting the site.
Careful consideration should be taken by anyone over 70, those with underlying illness or pregnant women, before visiting the allotments.
It is essential that NO un-authorised people are allowed onto the plots for the duration of this emergency.
Allotment holders who do visit their plots MUST take the following precautionary measures:
- Keep hand sanitiser in your shed and wash your hands regularly
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing any gate locks
- DO NOT gather together for a chat even if you are 2 metres apart
- Observe “Social Distancing” with each other 2-3 metres
- If you take your children to the plot, ensure that they stay within its confines and DO NOT run around on communal paths and spaces.
- DO NOT share tools
- Minimise the contact with each other for example NO handshakes
- DO NOT wash your hands in water troughs
We are living through a crisis, the likes of which none of us has experienced before, not since war time has the community spirit that exists on allotment sites been more important. Please remember to look out for one another during these very difficult times.